Thursday, 2 January 2014

Craving Busting; Scent Diet

I stopped by Tesco to get some shopping done for my mom earlier.

& I came across this line of car fragrances that are inspired by cupcakes.
They had Strawberries, Chocolate & Vanilla.

I took a whiff of the sample and omg, it does smell very yummy like a cupcake!
Then a thought came to my head..

"If my entire car smells like chocolate, I'd probably feel like I had too much chocolate and get pretty 'full' of the flavor itself."

& so I decided to buy one and put it in my car just to see if my lil theory works.


Before I wrote this post,
I did a lil favor for you readers, friends out there that actually bothered to check my post out :)
I searched up if anyone came up with a solid theory
on this craving busting scent diet.
& to my surprise I found these information online!



There’s a theory that the scent reduces sugar and chocolate cravings, as immersing yourself in a scent all day will desensitize you. Readers Digest called it the Christmas Dinner Syndrome, when the person who’s been cooking doesn't eat as much as their guests because they've been smelling dinner all day. 
(source : Forbes ) 

The scent of vanilla specifically reduces your cravings for chocolate, "Reader's Digest" reports, while ABC News adds that the vanilla smell can also reduce your cravings for other sweets. Without the cravings, you are less likely to grab for the nearest chocolate bar or other high-calorie, sugary dessert or snack. Vanilla scents come in candles, incense, aromatic sprays and mixed with essential oils. Infusing the scent throughout your home or kitchen is a way to keep cravings at bay.



 ( Source :Livestrong )


& so by those findings, I think any form of sweet dessert-like scents 
would indirectly satisfy that sweet-tooth / cravings.

But Im not sure how well this works.
Lemme give my chocolate cupcake scent a try
& I'll update in a week's time on the results!


No comments: