Sunday, 20 April 2014

Deep Blue Purple

Apologies for going M.I.A again for weeks!
I was suddenly all crammed up in my schedule. HAH!
I only have a schedule when I get cramped with appointments and to-do's.

Anyhoo,
As promised before, this is the post where I share my very first #YOLO haircolor.

First things first,
I was hesitant to the maxxxx when I was considering to get this done.
Mainly was because I really didn't want to damage my hair again.
I have a life mission to have them mermaid long!

So the story goes like this.
I was accompanying Sir James while he turned turquoise blue
and he said to me "Vickie, do it. YOLO." 

and it struck me...
that I had to go blue

*dramatic music plays

I sat in that saloon for at least 3 HOURS.
(slight regret)
But when I walked out looking like this...
It was worth it.


This is how it looks when I leave it down normally.
My hair is now 3/4 Black and 1/4 Deep Blue Purple.
Why do I say so?

Because the magic of color mixtures actually turned my hair multicolored.




Week 1, after the first wash.
Important info,
My hair remained completely manageable and soft.
A little fragile while wet at the bleached parts,
but definitely still amazingly healthy. 

To prove my point, I tested its staying power when curled.

Lasted 2 days.


This is the color after approximately 3 weeks & about 5 washes.
Yes. I am now unable to wash my hair as often anymore.
It was a huge sacrifice I had to make, because the color is just too amazing to lose.


Secret to keeping the hair color for a longer time when living in a 
hot and humid place like Malaysia? 

1. Isolated washing.

Lucky me I only have 1/4 of my hair in Blue Purple.
What I do is separate (braid) the purple part up before i shower 
and separate them from the black parts) & then when I wash it with shampoo,
I only fully wet and shampoo the black parts,
and then I lift the color part up while rubbing shampoo at the roots/scalp area only.

Basically I only wash the scalp part of the BluePurple 4/5 times when I wash my hair. 
This way I still have most of the oily & sweaty parts of my scalp clean
but still keep most of the color fresh. 

2. Cold water

I read this in a googled article on maintaining vivid colored hair.
The most important thing to avoid doing is washing with hot water,
this is because it would open up the pores of the hair & the color will be washed out faster.

I put the theory to test and in result?
When I washed my Blue hair, there were at least 80% less colored water flowing out.
Even my towel stained very little.

3. Dry Shampoo.

I literally survive half the time with dry shampoo.
It can be a great use for the part where I don't wash as often.
Spraying some of the shampoo helps freshen up the scent & 
keep the hair clean & fluffy for a longer time. 


So dont fret, the little more effort needed to maintain such a magical color,

IM TOTAALLY OKAY WITH IT :D 

No comments: