Wednesday, 27 August 2014

ALS #ICEBUCKETCHALLENGE


So Yes, I jumped into the bandwagon of ice buckets
and got myself frozen to death on a weeknight.

HONESTLY.
I had no idea what ALS was about.
I know its a deadly desease and such but really, I had no time to check it out.

so I just read up here at http://www.alsa.org/ 

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) 
is a progressive neurodegenerative disease that affects nerve cells in the brain and the spinal cord.

Personally I think this is such an awesome way to raise awareness and funds for a cause.

Firstly cos people are responding to it.
No matter how silly and weird anything is, as long as it gets response, its working.
Secondly, its entertaining. seriously, I could watch 10000 ice bucket dumps and still laugh.
& also, its pretty much effortless.
The nominating process is hilarious and basically people feel that they can actually be a part of something good and fun, they would want to donate, however much it is, its a contribution.

& a little word about the negative remarks about this trend.

 " waste of water & clea ice "

seriously, people can hate on anything.
I can swear there are more than a million people wasting 
at least SOMETHING around the world somewhere every day for no particular reasons at all.

The people saying we're wasting a bucket of water probably has an automatic water sprinkler in their garden.
Flushes the toilet with an entire tank of clean filtered water 10 - 20 times a day.
& for goodness sake I swear you don't eat every remaining piece of ice in your drink when its finished.

So seriously. Stop with the hate, this is a very minor and innocent trend that's actually contributing to the cause in every way, whether its social media publicity, hashtags or even peer pressure, showoff or anything, it is helping the cause.

so here's the site again

www.alsa.org
 

contribute, have fun, spread love, not hate
and I hope you enjoyed my video. :)




No comments: